Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year of the Blanket

So, in considering projects for 2013, and in looking around at UFOs in the workroom, I'm sensing a theme.


First, I have a good number of squares of like this...


which are the beginning of Fussy Cuts Blanket
by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne.  Love it.  Can't wait to see it all together.  I'm using Lion Brand's Amazing.
 
Then I have at least 10 squares done like this, which is  the Square-a-Day Blanket
by Lorna Miser.  It's for a gift, and is on a deadline - but a long one.  Still.
 
Then I have all the yarn to do this one, and have completed one square.
 
Mitered Crosses Blanket--for Japan
 
I have a repair to do one my grandmother's blanket, and an ABC that I'm putting together.  And then, for Christmas, my wonderful husband who supports my knitting habit, gave me the materials for this....
 
 
Hue Shift Afghan
 
Can't wait to start!
 
So, while I do have some other things to finish, (ahem, some Christmas presents remain undone.)  And I may pick something from THE LIST from time to time, I am proclaiming 2013
 
THE YEAR OF THE BLANKET
 
Let the knitting commence!!
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment